Friday 28 September 2012

Poor busines planning

Today I seemed to catch up on everything...since I got up at 7am I have been in three different modes...mummy...wife/mummy...business lady.

Little K was at playgroup this morning so I rushed into town to get a start on Christmas shopping - yes I did just swear, I said the C word! Apologies, I should've warned you first! The only reason I decided to get a head start is because everything is so manic at the moment and there is a lot happening over the next few months, if I can be organised in one aspect of my life I'll be happy.

I noticed on facebook late last night that a local lady who bakes cakes was selling off some leftovers from a charity event she was at. She stays a good 10 miles from where I stay but I fancied surprising Mr L and dropping off some yummy treats at his work so I responded to the post. I met the lady after I dropped Little K off at playgroup, purchased 2 cakes and 3 tray bakes at 50p each then headed to Mr L's work. The lady then drove the 6 or so miles back to her house. I never really thought much about it at the time but surely this was poor business planning...the cost of making the cakes and tray bakes, petrol for 12 miles (at least), the packaging of the cakes in a cardboard display box and her time...for £2.50?

Once I got Little K home from playgroup (where she had what seemed like a 5 second nap in the car and that was her for the day - oh dear!) I have been super busy tidying, cleaning, washing, dusting, hoovering, sweeping, scrubbing, cooking, feeding, playing, emailing, brainstorming, more tidying, nappy changing, dog walking, more cooking, reading, bathing, dressing, feeding, cuddling, more tidying, more washing and finally I am SITTING! I may still be typing, working and studying but at least I can put my feet up.

Mr L is working on a friends car tonight so I have the house to myself until he wanders in around midnight. Time to blast through everything I still have to do then do my favourite 'ing' of all....sleeping!

Night everyone,
Love and kisses,
TM <3

No comments:

Post a Comment