Tuesday 25 September 2012

Raindrops and mountains


The weather here is just awful just now...we're in the middle of some tropical storm which means tons of rain, very strong winds and cold days and nights. It's days like this that make me so glad I work from home. As I'm sitting on the couch in the jogging bottoms and jumper answering emails, Little K is in her walker munching on some rice cakes, Cody is sound asleep and the rain is battering off the window.

My good deed for the day is done too...I invited two workmen in for a cup of coffee as they were soaking and freezing working in our back garden taking a wall down.

Little K is also fully mobile on her feet now! It doesn't feel that long ago she had started to crawl but now she walks everywhere...including into our glass door in the hall! Oops!

Watching Little K walking reminded me about the early stages of starting my business and a little thought came into my head. Trying to walk must seem like such a challenge, like standing at the foot of a mountain and wanting to reach the top - much like starting a business.
The only way to start is by getting on your feet and taking tiny baby steps. You might have done this before by holding onto someones hand but this time its your chance to do it yourself. There will be the odd wobble (both in walking and in starting a business) but stay strong and keep going, you're going in the right direction. Sure, you will fall down - sometimes you will fall down and laugh about it, other times you will fall down and want to cry - it's going to be a bumpy ride. The only way to succeed is struggle to find your feet and carry on - practice does make perfect.
Soon you will build up your confidence and manage to take bigger steps towards your preferred destination. It is only when you're fully able to walk you realise you couldn't have done it without taking those tiny wobbly baby steps at the beginning.

Seeing Little K have the determination to go from crawling to walking has given me extra motivation (as if I needed any!) to get on my feet and get this business booming.

Love and kisses,
TM <3

2 comments:

  1. You have started blogging at such an exciting time, as the mum blogger community is so big and vibrant. this post is great and you are going to have so much fun with this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's great to see someone has found my blog and actually left me a comment....at least I know I'm not writing to myself! I'm very excited to watch my daughter and business grow together, TM x

      Delete