Tuesday 16 October 2012

Autumn day at the zoo


Last Thursday Mr L had two days off work so we decided to have a family day out and hit the zoo. We'd never taken Little K before, I used to get anxiety thinking about being far from home and letting Little K slip out of her routine. She is a very 'routine' baby and has been since she was a couple of days old. When she was very little if she was out of her routine by even half an hour she would scream uncontrollably so I have always been quite strict with what she does and when she does it.
This day, however, I realised (and felt guilty) that Little K had missed out on days out to the zoo etc all because of my anxiety so we packed the car with lots of yummy snacks, toys and cosy clothes...and yes, you guessed it, she fell asleep within 10 minutes and didn't wake until we got there!

Firstly we went to see the panda's then made our way round the monkey house, big cat area, hilltop safari, snakes, more monkeys, meerkats, sun bears, penguins, rhino's and much more. We all had a blast. There was a hell of a lot of walking but Little K managed to walk loads so was super tired on the way home. She especially loved the toy shop and all the cuddly animals.

After seeing what a good time we all had my anxiety has completely gone and we are already planning loads of family days out, next stop, Deep Sea World.

Work wise, I've been at a lecture for my Open University degree. I was one of 10 students who went, the other 9 were all very quiet with their little highlighters and notepads...I was my usual over-confident self and think I said what everyone wanted to say when answering questions from the tutor. I remember I used to be one of the quiet ones in class...how things have changed!
I've also been busy planning a Halloween Party and researching different party trends in the US to see what I can bring over here. New business cards have been ordered too so I can start to get in touch with wedding venues soon too.

Love and kisses,
TM <3

No comments:

Post a Comment