Friday 26 October 2012

Mummies have no time to be ill


A week past Wednesday I was busy making some calls for a wedding I'm currently planning and I felt an 'oh so familiar' feeling...sore tonsils. I've been bothered with tonsilitis since I was a kid and was on the waiting list to have my tonsils removed when I was round 15 but I never got round to booking the operation.
Ten years later and my tonsils still bother me a few times a year. It hit me bad this time and took over a week to clear. I felt like I was coming down with the flu, was aching from head to toe, all my glands in my neck were swollen and tender, I had a nightmare of a headache and guess what...I never got five minutes to sit down. That's whats different about being ill pre-baby and being ill post-baby. That's also whats different when its a mummy thats ill and a daddy. Mr L felt ill after the zoo the other week and went to bed and slept from 3.30pm in the afternoon.

As well as being ill, work has sky-rocketed with lots of enquiries for weddings, parties and booking tables at the spring wedding fayre I'm organising...and studying for my business degree has been tricky too. The Open University advise twelve hours of study a week. Busy times but you know what...I wouldn't have it any other way.

Hope you're all keeping busy with both your family and your career

Love and kisses,
TM <3

No comments:

Post a Comment