Friday 5 October 2012

Santa Express


Insomnia got the better of me again last night...well this morning actually, 3am. I've no idea why it has made a nasty return - just typical that as soon as Little K starts being a super sleeper mummy turns into an insomniac! It gives me peace and quiet to reflect on everything though so I don't mind.

At 3am this morning I got over my itchy feet and wanting to go on holiday. We'll get away in March/April as previously planned. Instead, I decided we should treat Little K to a super special winter and do lots of nice, wintery, festive family things...so I booked the Santa Express for 22nd Dec.
For those of you who don't know, this is an old steam train which departs from the north of Scotland and travels through the highlands for a couple of hours. It's usually snowing so will make a nice festive setting, parents are treated to a mince pie and drinks and kiddies get a visit from santa and a present. To say I'm excited is an understatement!

This Christmas we're all about the family photo on the cards (which we shot a few weeks ago with a local award winning photographer), matching pyjamas to open on Christmas Eve, wear to bed and stay in all day when we wake up on Christmas morning, sprinkling reindeer food in the snow and looking into the sky for santa before bedtime as well as lots of homemade goodies such as cranberry and chocolate cookies....for santa of course!

All this drama from my side of the family and Mr L's side of the family has brought us so much closer as a little family unit...just me, Mr L, Little K and Cody.

Love and Kisses,
TM <3

No comments:

Post a Comment