Monday 8 October 2012

Tears, tantrums and torn biceps


It was a lovely day today, a nice crisp autumn day. Little K spent the morning in the creche at the leisure centre as I worked out in the gym. I've been pushing myself recently as I love seeing quick results. Only problem is my body obviously wasn't quite ready for it as I've torn fibres in my biceps. Fantastic! This has resulted in me being unable to straighten my arms fully without being in agony. Hope it heals soon as it's so inconvenient!

Little K and I were playing in the garden this afternoon after I done some studying (not sure if I mentioned it but I'm also studying for a business psychology degree part time). Everything was perfect - Cody was running around, I was struggling to hang some washing out, Little K was wandering around...all three of us were enjoying the peaceful setting. Within minutes Little K was heading for the part finished back garden and towards a big pile of mud. As I took her hand to turn her around she screamed (and I mean SCREAMED) and was in floods of tears. When I put her down again, she was totally fine, heading for the mud again! Every time I turned her around she would howl and cry...even lying on the ground face first screaming at one point! I decided to take her to the drive so we could walk to the end of the road and back. The tears stopped and the soft giggles started, she seemed so happy. Ten minutes and about 200 baby steps later we reached the end of the road, I turned Little K around to head home and the tantrums started again! Screaming, crying and wanting to lie down on the road...not ideal! So much for the peaceful setting! After 5 minutes or so we finally got home again (had to carry her) and Little K was still howling. Even after being in the house for 5 minutes she never stopped. Eventally when she did she walked over very slowly and wanted a cuddle and that's all she's done all evening, want cuddles from me and Mr L. I knew the tantrums came with the terrible 2's but Little K is only 1! Oh dear!

I'm also busy planning a Halloween party for Little K and her friends. I always go all out with parties as it allows me to take photo's for my business website and hopefully gain more business. I'm all about building my portfolio at the moment and I'm proud to say its coming along nicely. You can have a look at www.elweddingsandevents.co.uk

Love and kisses,
TM <3

No comments:

Post a Comment